Location: 551 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10176
Email: Email Me
Mr. Fox provides professional responsibility advice and expert witness testimony on lawyer standards of care and ethical obligations, as well as legal advice and representation in matters involving corporate governance and securities regulation, particularly the representation of independent directors’ committees. A former chairman of the ABA Standing Committee on Ethics and Professional Responsibility and a former chairman of the ABA’s Section of Litigation, Mr. Fox is a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Pennsylvania Law School. He also currently serves as the George W, and Sadella D. Crawford Visiting Lecturer in Law and Supervising Lawyer at the Ethics Bureau at Yale Law School.
A long-time veteran of securities regulation and litigation matters, Mr. Fox was a partner at Drinker Biddle & Reath before joining our firm. Always an actively practicing lawyer, he has found time to teach at Cornell, Harvard, Yale and University of Pennsylvania Law Schools; and to lecture at more than two dozen others, including Moscow State University. His longstanding interest and work in the field of professional ethics has led to his current position at Yale. He has served as a consulting expert with respect to countless legal ethics matters.
A fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and the American Bar Foundation, Mr. Fox has long been active in various community and bar activities, for which he has received numerous awards. He serves on multiple corporate boards of both for profit and not-for-profit entities. His pro bono activities include representing prisoners facing capital punishment.
A full list of Mr. Fox’s teaching positions, publications, speaking engagements and other activities is available on request.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate and Securities Litigation
- Professional Ethics
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, Philadelphia, PA
- LL.B., 1968, cum laude
- Managing Editor, University of Pennsylvania Law Review
- University of Pennsylvania, The College
- B.A., 1965
- New York, Second Department
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Super Lawyers, Securities Litigation, 2004 – 2017
- Best Lawyers in America, New York, Commercial Litigation, 2008 – 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, New York, Ethics and Professional Responsibility Law, 2008 – 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, New York, Litigation-Securities, 2008 – 2018
- Best Lawyers in America, New York, Securities/Capital Markets Law, 2008 – 2018