Stacy L. Ceslowitz, Counsel
Stacy Ceslowitz has represented clients in a wide range of complex litigation in both state and federal courts. She has experience in matters involving product liability, intellectual property, consumer fraud, varied commercial disputes and medical malpractice defense.
Stacy is involved in every stage of the litigation process including pleadings, discovery, motion practice, trial preparation and appellate practice. Stacy has also collaborated with the General Counsel of various corporations, advising on litigation and business strategy, conducting compliance reviews and developing action plans to prevent or minimize litigation risks. In the area of intellectual property, Stacy assists clients with trademark clearance and availability, cease and desist letters, and copyright infringement.
Stacy received her J.D. from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in 1998, where she was the Managing Editor of the Journal of International and Comparative Law. Prior to joining the Firm, Stacy was an associate in the litigation practice group at Proskauer Rose LLP. Stacy was also an Adjunct Professor of Legal Research & Writing at Seton Hall Law School.
- Lead associate representing automotive manufacturer in multiple litigations involving consumer fraud, product liability and breach of warranty. Obtained partial summary judgment and directed verdict following trial in consumer fraud action brought by the New Jersey Attorney General.
- Lead associate representing one of the country's largest blood collection and distribution organizations in multiple litigations involving alleged transmission of disease and alleged injuries to donors. Successfully obtained dismissal of multiple cases on summary judgment.
- Lead associate representing university against discrimination claims asserted by former medical school student. Obtained dismissal on motion practice on behalf of the university.
- Lead associate representing one of the largest worldwide car rental brands in a commercial sublease action involving a claim for constructive eviction.
- Lead associate on behalf of various financial institutions in actions alleging breach of loan agreements.
- Co-author, “Chap. 25: Extraterritorial Application of U.S. Laws; Employment and Securities Laws,” Proskauer on Int’l Litigation & Arbitration.
- Co-author, “Internal Investigations – Safeguarding Privileges,” The Metropolitan Corporate Counsel, January 2004, Vol. 12, No. 1.
- Co-author, “Ethical Issues During Discovery, Keeping to the Straight and Narrow: Ethical Issues for Civil Litigators,” New York State Bar Association CLE publication, 2002.
- Author, “Prenatal Genetic Testing and Its Impact on Incidence of Abortion,” 7 CARDOZO J. INT’L & COMP. L. 1 (1999).