Employment issues can challenge any company. All employers can realize substantive benefits by retaining the services of experienced employment counsel. We represent public and private companies, as well as universities and other schools. We also represent individuals such as executives, officers, directors and trustees in certain matters. Whether we are defending clients in litigation, creating effective compliance strategies or working with clients on issues of benefits or compensation, our attorneys provide meticulous, forward-thinking representation.
Our Litigation Practice
We strive to resolve our clients’ disputes through alternative dispute resolution whenever practicable. When litigation is the only realistic course of action, our lawyers are prepared to take decisive action. We have defended hundreds of employment claims, including:
- Discrimination and harassment claims under Title VII, the Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA) and other federal, state and local laws
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) claims
- Wage and hour claims
- Whistleblower claims
- Wrongful discharge
- Breach of contract
- Employment defamation
We are adept at developing strategies that meet our clients’ legal and business needs.
Other Areas of Our Employment Law and Human Resources Practice
Our lawyers also work with employers in other employment matters, including:
- Creating strategies to comply with employment regulations
- Responding to government investigations and conducting internal investigations
- Developing personnel policies and handbooks
- Advising on pension and medical issues under ERISA, COBRA and other laws
In addition, we represent executives in issues involving employment agreements, compensation and benefits.
Call 212-661-5030 or contact the firm online to schedule a consultation.